Saturday, December 06, 2008

Looking Forward To...

Looking Forward to Literary Review and the Book Fair

The reading life is one of looking forward- to new chapters in books one that is reading, to new books, to new authors and to events that fill the life with words. There are some things I look forward to - Sundays because I get to go to Abids to hunt for books, the first Sunday of every month because of ‘Literary Review’, and Decembers because of the annual Book Fair.

Today is Saturday and tomorrow happens to be the first Sunday of the month which is one day I eagerly await. On the first Sunday of every month ‘The Hindu’ comes out with ‘Literary Review’ that has some of the finest reviews of books and news about the world of books and writers. It is something I look forward to pore through leisurely in the morning on such Sundays. There are just hours to go for the paper to be delivered and I am counting them.

Another welcome news is that of the annual Book Fair being held from the 18th of this month. The Hyderabad Book Fair is one annual event I wait for even more eagerly. Though only the usual publishers and book stores put up their stalls at the Book Fair, almost every year there is at least one stall of sellers of second hand books. Most of them are Hyderabad based stores but of late there are second hand book sellers from Mumbai, Ahmedabad who are having their stalls. Sometime back, a long time ago, Select of Bangalore had a stall and I found several titles that I happily bought. I wish they come this year too.

This year the Book Fair is at Necklace Road and is for ten days. I hope to visit at least three times and hope to pick up some good titles, of course, second hand.

No comments: