Friday, October 16, 2009

The Sunday Haul



Maybe it is a measure of my luck that I found the brochure of Mont Blanc's special edition 'Mahatma Gandhi' pen before the pen itself. Controversies apart, the pen is quite a smasher going by the looks and the exquisite craftsmanship that went into it as can be judged from the picture above. (pics courtesy: Uma Shankar Sastry) A picture is worth a thousand words so I won't waste any trying to describe how the fountain pen looks.

The other haul on Sunday was Amy Tan's 'The Hundred Secret Senses' that I got for fifty rupees. It was the first copy I saw though I had seen umpteen copies of her other book 'The Kitchen God's Wife' at Abids. I might read it sometime next year only.

2 comments:

Harimohan said...

Wonderful pic Vinod bhai! Infact all your morning pics have a great aura about them. Next time, definitely will make it...

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks, Hari.

Waiting for the day when you will turn up.