Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mind Boggler

For quite sometime now I’d been wondering if we in this part of the city could come up with something that would blow the socks off the Jubilee Hills crowd. That crowd appears to me a self-centred lot that believes that Jubilee Hills is where all the action ( and, not to forget, the money) is. They think nothing happens this side of the city. But not anymore. On Saturday the Falknuma Palace Hotel opened its doors to the public and I have no doubt there will be a lot of people who are going to keel over from the sheer opulence of it. In case you are the easily awed type I suggest you take along someone when you go to FPH.

I am very excited because all this time I’ve been waiting for something like this to happen. Now no matter how many fancy hotels open in Jubilee Hills I am not going to feel envious at all. In fact sometime last week I read that yet another new boutique hotel (the Ridge) had opened in Jubilee Hills and I did not even bat an eyelid. That’s because the mother of all hotels- Falaknuma Palace Hotel to beat every hotel in the city, nay the country, has come up. From what I’ve heard of it and read about the FPH it is the sort of hotel that will leave even the Jubilee Hills crowd gawking with mouths open. FPH is the kind of hotel where the cost of a night’s dinner will buy you two entire hotels (and their owners and staff as well) in Jubilee Hills. FPH has got the style no amount of Jubilee Hills money can buy. They cannot ever imagine having a hotel like FPH in Jubilee Hills even if they pool all their millions. This is ‘shaan’ nothing can hold a candle to.

Of course, it isn’t the sort of hotel ordinary Hyderabadis like me can afford to drop in for dinner. Only those with deep pockets will be able to dine here and needless to say though FPH is halfway across the city it will be the Jubilee Hills crowd who will be flocking to the hotel in droves. FPH will give them an excuse to venture to those parts of the city they never know even exists.

No comments: