Friday, April 11, 2014

FRIDAY DOUBLE POST: POST NO. 2- The Recent Haul

Last Sunday too I couldn’t go to Abids. After returning from Tirupati on Friday morning I had been feeling a bit under the weather. Since I had to leave for Delhi later in the evening on Sunday I did not want to be out in the hot sun at Abids for a couple of hours. As I had already decided I would be skipping the visit to Abids on Sunday I went to a bookstore- MR- at Begumpet to check out if there was anything I could find.

There was a new lot of books at MR which I had seen on my last visit. During this visit I found a brand new copy of ‘Things Fall Apart’ by Chinua Achebe and Annie Dillard’s ‘Living By Fiction’ that was also in a good condition. Surprisingly, each book was priced at fifty rupees only which is less than what these books sell at Abids.

Then at Delhi, at Janpath, I bought a new copy of Chinua Achebe’s ‘Never At Ease’ which was a slim volume of just hundred and thirty six pages. I had nothing to read on the plane journey to Hyderabad so I picked it up. Later I went to Nehru Place, where in Nanda Bookstore I found Oliver Sacks’ ‘Musicophilia’ that I got for a hundred rupees. I also saw ‘ An Atlas of Impossible Longing’ by Anuradha Roy which I now feel I should have bought instead of ‘Musicophilia.’

No comments: