Friday, January 11, 2019

The Sunday Haul ( on 06 -01-2019)


The haul at Abids on the first Sunday of the year was just one good title and I am perfectly okay with it. The reason is I had bought 250 books in 2018 and this year I want to keep that tally to something under hundred if I can.
I found a copy of ‘The Haunt’ by A.L. Barker, an author I hadn’t heard about before. But I bought it based on the high praise for Barker in the blurbs on the back and front covers. I don’t know how it would be but I bought it nevertheless. I got it for eighty rupees only. This was the only book I bought at Abids and I am now thinking if it would be a good idea to buy just one title every Sunday at Abids.

This Friday I am at Chennai until the 15th. I came to know that the Chennai Book Fair is going on and will end on the 20th. I am looking forward eagerly to drop and see what I can pick up there.

No comments: