Friday, August 02, 2019

The Sunday Haul (on 28-07-2019)

This blog now enters the 13th year.

Maybe I had forgotten to pray that it shouldn’t rain last Sunday so it rained. I too welcomed it since there had been no rain since a long time and I didn’t mind sitting at home. However, in the afternoon the skies cleared up and I decided to go to Abids and check out the books on the pavement. There wasn’t much crowd at Abids and there also seemed to be fewer sellers and the reason could be the rain and also a popular local festival that was being celebrated last Sunday. I could find only one title.
Sometime back I had found a nice copy of ‘A Cab at the Door/Midnight Oil’ by V.S. Pritchett at Abids. It is his two-volume autobiography that I often see mentioned here and there. Last Sunday I found a copy of ‘Mr. Beluncle’ by V.S. Pritchett that I got for forty rupees. It is a novel that I plan to read sometime later.

2 comments:

Maya Varde said...

Congratulations !

Vinod Ekbote said...

Maya, thank you very much.