Friday, December 17, 2021

The Sunday Haul (12-12-2021)

 I feel unreasonably guilty when the latest book by an author whose bestselling first book I haven’t yet read comes out. I had this feeling last Sunday at Abids when I came across ‘This Land is Our Land’ by Suketu Mehta whose ‘Maximum City’ a book about Bombay (now Mumbai) became the book about the city of Bombay. Actually I had found a copy but after I read a few pages I realized it was a pirated edition and threw it away. Since then I haven’t come across another good copy so it went unread. 


 I found the copy of ‘This Land is Our Land’ by Suketu Mehta with a seller who was also selling other titles @ of 3 titles for Rs 200. But this hardcover copy I got for two hundred rupees which I think is quite reasonable considering the good condition it was in. This was the only title that I found on Sunday at Abids. However I was pleased that I found a wonderful book that I had not expected to find at Abids. 

 

The 34th Hyderabad National Book Fair is only a day away and I am eagerly waiting to go there on Saturday as soon as it is thrown open. I don’t know how many books I will end up buying but it is going to be a large number considering the fact that the book fair wasn’t held last year. 

No comments: