Friday, February 17, 2023

The Sunday Haul (on 12-02-2023)

 Last Sunday it was the usual Sunday in Hyderabad and in my life, though the temperature seems to be going up. Summer is approaching and safe to say it is round the corner. Though it wasn’t very hot I was glad I took along my cap and wore it all through the couple of hours I was out in the open at Abids. 


 I saw a hardcover copy of a title that I thought I had read about earlier but it wasn’t so. It was a nice copy of ‘The Unmapped Mind’ by Christian Donlan that the seller wouldn’t give at a price I wanted. The price he quoted was way too beyond my capacity so I walked away though he lowered the price a bit. For some reason no title that I saw on the pavements seemed to interest me until I realized it was that hardcover title that I had seen that I wanted to buy. So I gave in and decided to pay the seller what he wanted and picked up the book. 

 

There’s a book I ought to have read a long time back but I never got around to reading it because either I didn’t find a good copy or I couldn’t find the time to read it with the attention that such titles require. Anyway, last Sunday on the way back home from Chikkadpally I stopped at one of the couple of sellers there I spotted a nice copy of ‘Discovery of India’ by Jawaharlal Nehru that I grabbed. I got this book for only two hundred rupees. 



No comments: