Friday, July 31, 2026

The Sunday Haul (on 26-07-2026)

 I had returned home early morning on Sunday after three days of travel and a few hours later set off for Abids to forage for second-hand titles on the pavements.



I bought 'Boulder' by Eva Baltasar tr by Julia Sanches on a hunch though it was on the cover that it was shortlisted for The International Booker Prize in 2023. A slim, short book I got it for just fifty rupees only. 



On a Sunday in May, 2024 I had found a hardcover copy of 'From the Ruins of Empire: The Revolt Against the West and the Remaking of Asia' by Pankaj Mishra that I am yet to read. Last Sunday I saw another copy, a paperback, but with a different and beautiful cover that I was unable to resist buying though I had to pay a hundred rupees for it. Pankaj Mishra has a way with words that few Indian writers like Mukul Kesavan, Chandrahas Chaudhury possess, especially non-fiction. 


No comments: