Thursday, November 01, 2007

FIFTY POSTS AND OTHER THOUGHTS

The previous post was the fiftieth post and with it I’ve reached a small milestone. When I began writing the blog three months ago I had no idea how quickly I would reach fifty posts, and the only thing I had in mind was to write a post every other day. In the ninety days that passed I have written fifty posts. Not bad, I guess. A couple of the posts attracted some attention especially the one on Copywriters- Writers Who Were Copywriters- which was put on the front page of Elmore Leonard’s official website. It brought some visitors. The other post was the one on fountain pens and the environment.

My blog doesn’t attract many visitors. The average is three or four, I guess because I haven’t analysed any of the statistics. Some just see the front page and go off. Those who have stayed have read a few posts and stayed longer than five minutes. I hadn’t intended the blog to attract thousands of visitors a day. One reason why I am unable to attract many visitors may be that my writing may not be so good. But then I am learning to write and writing well doesn’t come so easily. Another reason may be that I am not telling about it to anyone. I don’t even have an idea of how to get your blog noticed.


I intend to write a hundred posts before the end of the year which means I have to write fifty posts in sixty days. It isn’t impossible. I can do it. I've set myself such goals before and reached them and I am confident I can reach this goal too.

No comments: