Friday, November 02, 2012

The Sunday Haul

On Sunday I went alone to Abids. I saw Mordecai Richler's 'The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz'at the same spot where I had seen it last. The other book Herman Wouk's "Don't Stop the Carnival" was also there at the same place I had seen it last Sunday. Since I had earlier seen copies of these two books I did not buy them right away and decided to keep them for another day. I was looking for something not usually found but I found such a book at Chikkadpally not at Abids. This seller near the RTC Crossroads sometimes has real jewels. On Sunday he had Robert M Pirsig's classic 'Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance'on the pavement. This copy with a cover in psychedelic colors was the 25th Anniversary Edition it said on the cover. I had seen a similar copy elsewhere but with the cover half torn. Since it seemed unlikely I would find another good copy I bought it though I had read the book earlier. I had read the book almost twenty years ago. I want to read it again very soon.

No comments: