Friday, April 12, 2024

The Sunday Haul (on 07-04-2024)


 With Eid just days away some of the second-hand book sellers of Abids shifted their books to other places at Abids last Sunday too. Also it was pretty hot with the temperature somewhere around 40 degrees C but I had a cap on my head so I was prepared for it. The previous Sunday I had seen a copy of ‘Grimm’s Fairy Tales’ alongside the copy of ‘The Arabian Tales’ that I picked up leaving the copy of Grimm’s Fairy Tales for this Sunday if it was available. It was the first thing I checked and luckily the copy was still where it was the previous Sunday. This was also a Barnes & Noble Classics like the copy of ‘The Arabian Tales’ that I had bought last Sunday. 


My next find was a copy of ‘The End of History and the Last Man’ by Francis Fukuyama. I had heard of Francis Fukuyama but was not aware that he had written a book. When I saw that it was a Penguin title I picked it up feeling glad that I had found a good title to read. I got it for fifty rupees.



With the same seller was a copy of ‘The Best American Short Stories- 2006’ edited by Ann Patchett that I hesitated to buy because I thought I had a copy of it already. But on second thoughts I picked it up and later after I got home I checked my shelves and discovered that I have a copy of ‘The Best American Short Stories- 2007’ edited by Stephen King. However i hadn’t read it so I plan to read these two titles one after the other.

No comments: