Tuesday, August 21, 2007

BL 5C- One in five million case

Last week I became part of a global phenomenon. The battery in my Nokia 1600 turned out to the exploding type- BL 5C. It was all over the television and the papers but I didn't really bother to check the battery in my phone. When I read of another exploding battery curiosity got the better of me and I opened the phone. The battery was the BL 5C model.

I went to the Nokia site and after typing the serial number it was confirmed my battery needs to be replaced. I gave my address and other details for them to courier the replacement battery. Though I had no problem with the battery I thought it would be better to be safe than to be sorry. I am waiting for the replacement to arrive.

In fact I had once thought that the battery in my mobile was a good one because it would go for days together without a recharge. But then, it turns out different. For once I was part of a global phenomenon- one in a five million case!

No comments: