Friday, April 16, 2010

Off to Shimla

Anyone would have happily welcomed the chance to escape the oppressive Hyderabad heat and to spend a week in Shimla. Though I have got this chance I am unable to feel any excitement about it. In fact I feel a bit apprehensive about the trip. I had not felt this level of anxiety even when I was going to the Andamans for three months a long time back. It is too late now to call it off since all arrangements have been made. Though I've looked for reasons to avoid the trip I haven't succeeded. My train ticket was confirmed at the last moment so there really is no way but to go to Shimla. By the time this appears on the blog I will chugging away in the Andhra Pradesh Express to Delhi.

The bright side of the trip would be the time I will spending with my two nephews. I am looking forward to meet the two tiny kids. After a day in Delhi I will be in a Volvo bus to Shimla on Sunday. I plan to look for Mashobra after I reach Shimla. I heard it is somewhere nearby, about an hour away from Shimla. I'm taking along Pico Iyer's 'Video Nights in Kathmandu' and a book on writing screenplays. If all goes well I might return with a story. But that is not what I am going for. I am on an official trip to get trained at an agricultural institute at Mashobra. Unfortunately I am forced to make this trip without a camera.

So there might be a break in blogging for about two weeks. I will take the opportunity to think of some changes in the blog. I've realised that I am going overboard with certain things. Someone had told me that I am too sarcastic and that my humor borders on the juvenile. It means that I have to work on these two aspects and try to think of other ways to get my point across. I look forward to making the changes. If I am able to access the internet at Mashobra then I might do a post. Until then bear with the interruption.

3 comments:

Harimohan said...

I think your humour is perfect Vinod bhai. And it is your strength. Dave Barry is offensively rude at times, but thats what makes him funny as well. Suggest you don't make these changes if its going make you less funny...

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks, Hari. Will try to retain some of it.

shruthi said...

hope u have a grt time in shimla...!!

hpy journey