Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Milestone Post- 600 Posts in 4 Years of Blogging

After my novel which I’ve stuck to since seven years, it is the blog I’ve been doing for such a long time, that is, four years. I am surprised that I have managed to blog for four long years without too many breaks. It gives me an opportunity to tell myself that I am quite a determined person. I hadn’t exactly started out thinking I would be a serious blogger. It was something that was born out of a whim. Everyone was doing it and I too wanted to do it no matter that I did not have any idea of what to blog about. But I got started and kept on going with the support of a lot of people who read it. Though they have said I have got better over time I do not believe it wholeheartedly. There is a lot I have to learn.

Anyway, it was on August 1, 2007 that I wrote my first post. Four years down the line the posts have grown to six hundred. About half of them are about what I love most- books. Some of them are about what I love, and also detest- Hyderabad. Some of them are random pieces about some of my travels, things that have happened to me, and so on. There is no unifying theme in the blog but surprisingly I had a very small following of some really wonderful people who encouraged me with their comments. I am truly grateful to them. If not for their comments that I was sometimes funny, that I was consistent, that I was prolific, I would have given up the blog long ago.

I intend to carry on for at least another year so I could say I have blogged for five years. But before starting the fifth year of blogging I want to celebrate four years of blogging. I had an unintentional celebration the other day about which I will write later. Another item on my list of celebrations is to take a short break from blogging. I will return to the blog on August 12.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Vinod,

600 posts, 4 years. Remarkable. Sure it would have been a memorable journey.

Wishing that you would continue to entertain us with more of your uniquely styled posts is years to come. All the best.

Vijay

Rajendra said...

Congratulations. A blog is a great way to say what you want, when you want. You can probably go on forever.

Beautiful World said...

Congratulations on this achievement. Not a small one by any means...600 in four years is quite something. Hope you continue blogging and updating us with the book recommendations.

Harimohan said...

Congratulations Vinod bhai! Calls for some more celebrations right away. Your blogs are so much a part of the daily reading these days - warm, funny, Hyderabadi and cozy. Apart from the fact that you write lovely blogs about books, Hyderabad, eateries, Jubilee Hills, traffic, book launches etc you have been the reason why I started blogging as well.
Naturally, the treat is on me!

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks, Vijay, Raja, Subha, and Hari.
Vijay, I will try to entertain more in the days to come with some good posts.

Raja, I hope to blog for as long as I live.

Subha, mostly it will be about books from now on.

Hari bhai, thanks a lot for all that praise and the offer of a treat. I'm feeling dizzy with the praise but hungry enough for the treat.

Thanks for reading the blog and supporting me.

Jayasrinivasa Rao said...

Hi Agent Vinod...congratulations on reaching 400...you are my guru in blogging, but I am a wayward student...stopped midway... and your blogs have always inspired me to pick up books and read...most of the time of authors I didn't know existed... Dave Barry, Elmore Leonard, Ian Rankin, Robert Parker, and more...thanks for enriching my reading life...may you go on blogging...

Jai

Vinod Ekbote said...

Jai, thanks for sticking on. There will be more authors to come and more books, so brace yourself :)

W.D & H.O said...

Great going, Vinod. I feel proud to have met and known you. Now, 1000 posts in 5 years will sound great!

Vinod Ekbote said...

Uma,

Thanks a lot. I too feel the same about you.

1000 posts in 5 years sounds tough though not impossible. Will give it a try.

Vetirmagal said...

Congrats ! Wishing you a long and happy blogging time.

I missed this page somehow, and now I am the last to wish, but I am glad I did it.

Vinod Ekbote said...

Vetri,

Thank you!

Mamta M said...

This is such an awesome milestone! Wow. Truly impressed. Keep going, Vin.

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks, Mamta.

Keep reading and keep encouraging.