Friday, June 08, 2018

The Sunday Haul (on 3rd June, 2018)

I already possess a nice copy of ‘The Serpent and the Rope’ by Raja Rao that I found recently but when I saw another good copy at Abids on Sunday I couldn’t resist picking it up. There is something about the covers of these 1960’s titles that makes it impossible to ignore them and leave them behind. I haven’t yet read the book but I hope to read it soon. I got this nice copy for thirty rupees only.
Not very long ago I had seen a couple of hefty volumes with a seller that on close scrutiny turned out to be the entire series of ‘Ponniyin Selvan’ by Kalki-. The volumes were so intimidating in their size that I did not dare to buy them because I may not have the time to read all of them. Later I realized that I had committed an enormous blunder not buying all the five volumes of’ Ponniyin Selvan’ When I saw a lone volume in the series-‘Cyclone’ , the second in the series I bought it. I wish I could find all the remaining titles in the series. I bought ‘Cyclone’ for forty rupees.

No comments: