Friday, March 08, 2019

The Sunday Haul (on 03-03-2019)


Of the couple of books that I have bought multiple copies over the past few years ‘The Summing Up’ by Somerset Maugham is a title that regularly appears at Abids, in second hand book stores and elsewhere. Last Sunday I spotted a nice copy that was priced pretty cheap at Abids and bought it. I got it for just thirty rupees.
Of late since the past couple of years I have begun to look for books by Indian writers in English published in the early years. Over the years I have managed to find quite a few good titles by writers I have read about or have come across somewhere but I always end up finding titles by writers I have never even heard about. Last Sunday I spotted a book with an attractive cover and picked it up. It was a copy of ‘Nails & Flesh’ by Kartar Singh Duggal. I got it for thirty rupees only.
The copy of ‘Nails & Flesh’ by Kartar Singh Duggal I found had no year of publication mentioned anywhere inside. There are no details of the publisher mentioned anywhere on the cover or in the inside pages except the name ‘Pearl’ and its logo. I wish I could know more about this publisher.

No comments: