Friday, March 13, 2020

Travel Diaries- Kolhapur

Last Sunday I traveled to Kolhapur with the spouse in tow. Here are some of the vignettes from that two day trip. It was the second time I saw the pigeons right inside the terminal at the RGIA in Hyderabad, and one of them sat down on the table as if waiting for breakfast.
The view from one of the fortifications in Panhala was fantastic, with the view stretching to scores of miles ahead.
Some bare trees on a winding road.
The spouse was doing some last minute shopping and I noticed a doorway.
We reached the Rankala lake just as the sun was setting.
Of course I tasted the famed Kolhapur mutton curry and also Tambda rassa. The airport at Kolhapur is small but neat. The people were friendly in the town and no one seemed in a hurry to get anywhere. I had fantasies of living there. This is the view outside the hotel where we stayed.

No comments: