Friday, March 10, 2023

The Sunday Haul (on 05-03-2023)

On Sundays my routine remains the same. I visit Abids after breakfast at home to look for books laid out on the pavements every Sunday. Like all Sundays it was the same this time too and as usual I came home with a handful of books. I found three nice titles last Sunday at Abids and these are the ones. 

 


At a seller who stocks used books that look almost new and that too some latest titles I found two wonderful titles. The first was a copy of ‘Modern African Stories’ edited by Charles R. Larson that was in mint condition. Somehow, I feel that I already have a copy of this title but I bought it because of its excellent condition. 

 


The other title I found with the same seller was a copy of ‘A Curtain of Green’ by Eudora Welty, one of the many Penguin titles that he had displayed on his makeshift bookshelves. It is a collection of her short stories. I got this title too for a hundred rupees. 

 


The third and last title I found in a heap of books selling for just twenty rupees. I picked up a copy of ‘Shatter’ by John Farris and decided to buy it based on Stephen King’s blurb on the cover that said ‘America’s premier novelist of terror’ that continued on the back cover too. I plan to start reading it tonight itself. 

No comments: