Friday, July 26, 2019

The Sunday Haul (on 21.07.2019)

Not that I am glad about it but it was another Sunday when it did not rain making it possible for me to browse for books at the second-hand book market in Abids. I had a leisurely browse and picked up two titles one of which I had seen the previous Sunday. It was among about half a dozen new books I had my eye on but couldn’t buy because the seller asked for an astronomical amount for them. Recently somewhere I read that a television series ‘Big Little Lies’ was based on a book by Liane Moriarty. The previous Sunday I had seen a copy of ‘The Husband’s Secret’ by Liane Moriarty that I couldn’t buy because of the price. However last Sunday I agreed to the price that the seller asked for and bought it.
The next find was in a heap of books with a board that said ‘Each Book Rs 50 Only.’ Rummaging through the pile I located a copy of ‘A Cordiall Water’ by M.F.K. Fisher. In the Introduction Fisher writes that this book is a collection of odd and old receipts to cure the ills of people and animals, mostly told to me by the believers. Sometime in March I had found a copy of ‘Not Now But Now’ by M.F.K. Fisher that I haven’t found the time to read yet.

No comments: