Friday, November 22, 2019

The Sunday Haul (on 17-11-2019)


Last Sunday at Abids I found a title that I had been searching for since a long time. ‘The Fight Club’ by Chuck Palahniuk was the title and though I had come across it recently at Jacksons Books in Pahargunj on a visit sometime during this year I did not buy it because the seller was asking for nearly four hundred rupees for the copy he had. At another time I saw a copy that was in a very bad condition and I did not feel like buying it. I had given up hope of finding a good and affordable copy so when I found it last Sunday at Abids I felt very glad. I was glad I did not buy the expensive copy I saw at Jacksons Books.
The copy of ‘The Fight Club’ by Chuck Palahniuk that I found at Abids was in an absolutely beautiful condition and looked almost new. I got it for hundred rupees which I paid unhesitatingly though I thought it was a bit on the higher side by Abids’ standards. Nevertheless I was terribly pleased with myself for having spotted the book and buying it.

No comments: