Friday, April 01, 2022

The Sunday Haul (on 27-03-2022)

 

There are a few writers who write with great clarity on difficult subjects like religion. One such writer is Susan Visvanathan whose essay I read once a long time back. I think she used to have a column in a newspaper or magazine that I am now unable to recollect but her name has stuck in my mind. Last Sunday at Abids near the GPO I spotted a copy of ‘The Visiting Moon’ by Susan Visvanathan. I picked it up and saw that it was a hardcover copy of a collection of stories. I got it for only eighty rupees which was far less than what I had expected the seller to ask for it.


The next two Sundays I would be in Ooty on work so I wanted to find a few more books at Abids but I couldn't find any. The thought of not being at Abids for two Sundays was hard to bear but I couldn't avoid it. 




No comments: