Friday, September 09, 2022

The Sunday Haul (on 04-09-2022)

I really do not understand how I missed knowing about this book that was published in 2010, more than a decade ago. I try to learn about books on book and the ‘The Possessed’ by Elif Batuman is one such title. On the cover it says ‘Adventures with Russian books and the people who read them’ which should have alerted me. I guess I haven’t seen this title at Abids or anywhere. But even if I have found it a decade after it was published I don’t mind. On Sunday I saw this book in a pile of Rs 100 books and I was glad I took my time to check out each and every book that looked interesting.

About a few months ago I had read about Stefan Zweig somewhere online and the name stuck in my mind. So last Sunday when I saw a copy of ‘Beware of Pity’ by Stefan Zweig I bought it though I have never read anything by Zweig till then. One reason why I bought it was the attractive cover and the other than it was a Penguin title that I always trust. I got this book for sixty rupees.



No comments: