Friday, October 14, 2022

The Sunday Haul (on 09-10-2022)

 

Last Sunday turned out to be a bit special. My son agreed to come along with me to Abids. So off we went to Abids after breakfast on a sunny and bright Sunday morning. Though he did not buy any books I bought two titles.

I spotted an ancient looking book, a hardcover with a plastic cover with a seller. It was a copy of ‘The Man Died’ by Wole Soyinka. Though the pages inside were intact and in good condition the cover on the spine was damaged but it did not matter to me since I wanted to read what was inside so I bought it. It is an account of Wole Soyinka’s time in a jail in Nigeria.

On Saturday in a second hand book store I had found a small book, about half the size of a postcard. Last Sunday at Abids I found a similar sized book that was a copy of ‘We Should All Be Feminists’ TED talk that Chimamanda Ngozie Adichie gave. I got this small book of not more than fifty pages for fifty rupees. I have a few such books that I had picked up over the years. 

Afterwards we picked up biryani at Grand Hotel behind the GPO in Abids and took it home to have for lunch. 

No comments: