Friday, June 23, 2023

The Sunday Haul (on 18-06-2023)

 With the monsoon playing truant it appeared like the summer would go on for another few weeks here in Telangana. It was uncomfortably warm last Sunday as I set out for Abids in the morning. Unlike the previous Sunday when I came home with five titles last Sunday I managed to haul just two titles, both of them about things I love- travel and reading. 


The first title I found was at Abids and it was a nice copy ‘The Librarian’ by Salley Vickers that I picked up for more than one reason. The main reason was that it was about books and reading, and the other reason was that it was a Penguin title, and the third reason was the blurbs on the cover would make anyone buy it right away. I got this wonderful title for just fifty rupees. 

 



The second find was with a seller at Chikkadpally on the way home. I found a copy of ‘Biografi: A Traveler’s Tale’ by Lloyd Jones that was, needless to say, a travel title. It was about Albania, a country not much written about by travel writers. I did not notice it when I picked up the book but sometime in the evening at home when I took out the two books I bought for a close look I was pleasantly surprised to find that this was an author signed copy. 

No comments: