Sunday, December 31, 2023

The Sunday Haul (on 24-12-2023)

 


 

A bit late writing about last Sunday’s haul because I wanted to post it on the last day of the year 2023. I love humor and when I found a beautiful collection of humor writing I did not think twice before buying it. I saw a copy of ‘Fierce Pajamas: An Anthology of Humor Writing from The New Yorker’ edited by David Remnick and Henry Finder with a seller outside the GPO at Abids and bought it for just a hundred and fifty rupees only. It has more than a hundred and fifty pieces by writers like Woody Allen, James Thurber, E.B. White, Garrison Keillor, Steve Martin, Peter De Vries, and there’s even one by Susan Sontag!

 

I have copies of ‘The Blue Nile’ and ‘The White Nile’ both written by Alan Moorehead but I am yet to find the time to read them. When I saw a copy of ‘No Room in the Ark’ by Alan Moorehead, a slim volume I was curious to know what it was. I got it for only thirty rupees. 

No comments: