Friday, August 31, 2018

The Sunday Haul (on 26-08-2018)


The Sunday before last Sunday at Abids I had spotted a copy of ‘Pather Panchali’ on the pavements with one of the sellers. I picked it up to take a look and noticed that the copy was published by Allied Publishers and was actually in quite a good condition except that the cover page had moisture stains. Somehow I did not buy it which was quite a dumb thing to do that I realized after I got home.

Last Sunday as soon as I parked my two wheeler at Abids I decided that the first thing I’d do would be to pick up the copy of ‘Pather Panchali’. I just hoped nobody had shown interest in the book and taken it. When I reached the spot where I had seen the book I was in for a terrible shock. Not only could I spot the book I couldn’t spot the seller also. The seller himself was missing! It seems he had decided not to set up shop last Sunday.
With that disappointment in my heart I browsed listlessly along with Danny hoping to find something that would help me overcome it. I saw a title by a writer I have never come across before. I decided to buy it after I read on the cover that it had been made into a movie starring Michael Caine. It was ‘Alfie’ by Naughton that I got for twenty rupees only. This was the only title I bought last Sunday.

No comments: