Friday, January 10, 2020

The Delhi Haul on 31-12-2019

In 2019 I had been to Delhi thrice on work and just when I was thinking I may not have to make another trip it turned out I had to spend the last two days of 2019 in Delhi. I reached Delhi on the 30th which was said to be one of the coldest days in the past 100 years but I did not find it that cold. The next day after completing my work which was meeting someone for just thirty minutes in an office close to CP I went to a second hand book seller- Anil Book Corner, to check if I can find anything interesting.
I found a copy of ‘The Love of a Good Woman’ by Alice Munro with the bottom half of the front cover torn off. But the torn cover and the fact that I had already bought something close to more than two hundred books during the year did not deter me from buying it.

No comments: