Friday, April 19, 2024

The Sunday Haul (24-04-2024)

 It happens very, very rarely that I do not feel like buying any book when I am at Abids on Sunday morning. Last Sunday was one such day when I was very reluctant to pick up even a single book at Abids though there were many titles that I thought I should buy. However that mood lasted for just a few minutes until I finished my cup of chai at Grand Hotel. 


So when I saw a hardcover copy of ‘I am a Stranger Here Myself’ by Bhaichand Patel I shrugged off the no-books-today mood and picked it up. It is a memoir, a genre I love to read plus Bhaichand Patel is a name that isn’t new to me as I have read a few of his columns and loved his style of writing. I got it for a hundred rupees and have also started reading it. 


I have been seeing a copy of Sue Perkins' memoir with a seller since the last few months and if it is still there next Sunday I plan to pick it up. I've enjoyed her shows on TV especially the one about Japan and also the episode where she travels to India. 

No comments: