Friday, July 26, 2024

The Sunday Haul (on 21-07-2024)

 It’s been raining on and off since a couple of days last week and on Saturday it rained all day in Hyderabad. On Sunday luckily it stopped raining in the morning but the clouds in the sky appeared as if they would bring rain any time. After some hesitation whether to go to Abids or not I set out thinking I would return it if it started raining. 

 


Unlike every Sunday when I check out the sellers at Chikkadpally on the way home last Sunday I began by dropping in at Chikkadpally on the way to Abids. I had seen a book on Telugu proverbs that I did not buy the previous Sunday and now wanted to buy it. Unfortunately, the seller informed that it was bought by someone the previous Sunday itself. I was disappointed but when I saw a nice copy of ‘The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat’ by Oliver Sacks my moods improved and I picked up this title that I had been meaning to read. I had found Oliver Sacks’ ‘Musicophilia’ a long time ago on a visit to Delhi and wanted to read more of his books. 



Then I headed for Abids where I found very few sellers as they seemed to have decided not to put their books fearing it would rain. However, I managed to find a copy of ‘Jaffna Street’ by Mir Khalid that I bought for eighty rupees. 

No comments: