Friday, November 11, 2022

The Sunday Haul (on 06-11-2022)

 Another bright and sunny morning on a pleasant Sunday in Hyderabad when l left home for Abids to look at the thousands of books on the pavements. I had earlier bought a copy of ‘Siddhartha’ by Herman Hesse sometime back but haven’t yet read it for some reason. Last Sunday I saw another copy with a photograph of the two actors Shashi Kapoor and Simi Grewal who played the lead roles in the film, and saw that it was a Macmillan India edition that I had never seen before. I decided to buy it and got it for only thirty rupees. Somebody told me it was a rare cover not easily available but how true it is I do not know.

I saw an almost new copy of ‘More Bodies Will Fall’ by Ankush Saikia, a new title by Ankush Saikia who made his debut as a writer with ‘Jet City Woman’ that I had read a long back. Next week I will be travelling to Ooty on work for four days and maybe I will read it at Ooty. I got it in a pile of books selling for hundred rupees each.



No comments: