Thursday, November 24, 2022

The Sunday Haul (on 20-11-2022)

In the two hours that I was at Abids last Sunday before going for a family function I managed to find three nice titles. I have been always interested in Ireland and its writers so when I saw a copy of ‘Jiving at the Crossroads’ by John W

Only a couple of Sundays ago I had found a title ‘Ai Ladki’ by Krishna Sobti that I am yet to read so when I saw another title by her I wondered whether to buy it. But this hesitation did not last two seconds before I picked up the hardcover copy of ‘Sunflowers of the Dark’ by Krishna Sobti for eighty rupees.

I spotted a book with a striking cover and after I picked it up I saw that is was a copy of ‘Ayyankali- A Dalit Leader of Organic Protest’ by M. Nisar & Meena Kandaswamy. I had read a bit about Ayyankali before and bought this book hoping to know more. I got this book for fifty rupees. It is a short book and I want to read it one of these days. 

Since a couple of weeks I had been seeing a copy of ‘Saint Joan of Arc’ by Vita Sackville West, a Penguin title that I wouldn’t hesitate to buy but somehow I felt it was out of my league. However last Sunday I finally picked it up for a hundred rupees.

No comments: