Monday, December 05, 2022

The Sunday Haul (on 27-11-2022)

'The 'Tiger of Malgudi' by RK Narayan was the first full length book in English I read when I was about twelve years old. I felt elated after finishing reading it since I had never read anything of that length. With that book I had embarked on my journey as a life-long reader and bibliophile. Since then I have read almost everything RK Narayan has read and buy copies of his titles published by Young Thought, the publishing firm that he himself started. Those editions are hard to find and so when I found a copy of 'Under the Banyan Tree & Other Stories' by RK Narayan at Abids last Sunday. 



It has twenty eight stories including 'A Horse and Two Goats' and a few other stories that I have read and there are some I haven't read. I got this book for fifty rupees.

The other title I found was a copy of 'The Wisdom of Crowds' by James Surowiecki with a blurb by Malcolm Gladwell on the cover saying '...brilliant book on business, society and everyday life...' which was the sole reason I bought this title. I got it for a hundred rupees. 



No comments: