Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The Sunday Haul (on 18-12-2022)


After being away from Hyderabad for almost two weeks and missing two Sundays visits to Abids to look for books I looked forward eagerly to go there on the Sunday on the 18th of December. I was away at Ooty on work and spent two miserable Sundays there so when I reached Hyderabad late in the night on that Sunday 11th of December I spent a whole week waiting for it to be Sunday.

 

So after a quick breakfast I rushed to Abids and I felt very good feeling the warm winter sun on my face and felt all was alright with the world when I saw all those books on the pavements. However I didn’t find as many books as I wanted to fill in for the lost Sundays and ended up finding just one good title. 



 I have a thing for memoirs, especially ones about mental health and so when I saw a hardcover copy of ‘The Center Cannot Hold’ by Elyn R. Saks. Saks is a Professor of Law and her memoir is about her experiences with Schizophrenia. I read a few paragraphs at random and found it to be a bit scary and also interesting reading how she coped with the condition. 

 

I felt glad I found this title. I got it for two hundred rupees. 

 

No comments: