Friday, December 16, 2022

A WA Haul

I hadn't been to Abids the previous two Sundays because I was in Ooty on work. I missed the visits to Abids to look for books but I managed to look for books online. Since I am a member of WA groups of a few second hand booksellers who conduct regular sales I managed to get a look at some good titles. In one of those sales when I was in Ooty and managed to get the mobile signal I managed to claim a Sandor Marai title. A long time back I had found a copy of ‘Conversations in Bolzano’ by Sandor Marai about whom I read in a book of essays by J.M. Coetzee. Sometime later I also found a nice copy of 'Embers' also by Sandor Marai. 

The title I claimed and also got was 'Rebels' that no one on the group seemed to know about and hence I managed to get it quite easily. I don't remember how much I paid for it but when I got home last Sunday the book was waiting for me. 

I am looking forward to visit Abids this Sunday and also hope to find some good titles. But I am quite excited that the 35th Hyderabad National Book Fair is beginning on 22nd December, that is, next Wednesday. I am eagerly counting the days and I plan to be at the Book Fair on the first day even before it is inaugurated and get inside the minutes visitors are allowed and grab whatever I find in the secondhand book stalls that I am sure will occupy more stalls than the stalls of the regular book sellers. 

No comments: