Friday, September 08, 2023

The Sunday Haul (on 03-09-2023)

I am a big fan of Len Deighton’s writing and have all his titles that I found over the years. Bernard Samson is one of my favorite characters and I have read and reread all titles that feature Bernard Samson. Last Sunday at Abids I spotted a beautiful hardcover copy of ‘Only When I Laugh’ by Len Deighton that I immediately picked up intrigued by the differently spelled ‘Laugh’ in the title. I have a copy of ‘Only When I Larf’ and when I checked this copy I realized that it was an American edition published by The Mysterious Press, New York. 


On the way back home from Abids I stopped at Chikkadpally as usual and saw a nice copy of ‘Red Harvest’ by Dashiell Hammett. I thought I did not have this title and so picked it up. I got it for only hundred rupees. 

No comments: