Saturday, September 02, 2023

The Sunday Haul (on 27.08.2023)

Before I write about the haul last Sunday at Abids I have to write about the haul the previous Sunday about which I could not post here due to a heavy workload.


The other Sunday (on 20th August) I had found a wonderful title at Chikkadpally on the way home from Abids where I could not find anything interesting. I spotted a copy of ‘A Mouthful of Air’ by Anthony Burgess that I got for less than a hundred rupees. 

 

 


Last Sunday at Abids I netted another wonderful haul of two great titles. I was thrilled beyond measure to find these two books. The first find was a title I had seen the other Sunday but had not picked up assuming no one would buy such a book and indeed no one bought it since I saw it at the same spot last Sunday and picked it up. It was a nice copy of ‘The Great Game: On Secret Service in High Asia’ by Peter Hopkirk. I got it for a hundred and fifty rupees.

 

 


Only the other day I had seen a tweet about ‘The Darker the Night the Brighter the Stars’ by Paul Broks that seemed to have been published very recently so I thought I would not be able to get it so soon at Abids, at least the original copy. However, last Sunday I got a pleasant surprise when I found an original copy of it and got it for hundred rupees only. 


This was the haul on Sunday before I fly off to Ooty on Monday. 

No comments: