Friday, September 29, 2023

The Sunday Haul (on 24.09.2023)

The Sunday before I was travelling and so wasn’t in Hyderabad therefore no Sunday Haul. But I was back from Ooty on Saturday evening and was raring to go to Abids to check out the books. Luckily for me it wasn’t raining and I was able to browse to my heart’s content during the two hours I was there. 




The first book I found was a copy of ‘Maai’ by Gitanjali Sree, a Hindi title that I had seen a couple of Sundays before but had hesitated to buy for some reason. But last Sunday I picked it up for just forty rupees. I don’t know when I will find the time to read it but I will read it because it is one of the few Hindi books I would be reading.

 

The next find was a copy of ‘Pubis Angelical’ by Manuel Puig. I read on the cover that Puig was a well-known Argentine writer and had also written a bestseller earlier. I did not hesitate to buy it and got it for a hundred rupees.

 


A couple of years ago a friend had gifted me a new copy of ‘Living to Tell the Tale’ by Gabriel Garcia Marquez that I am yet to read. Last Sunday at Abids with one of the sellers I saw another copy that I did not have the heart to leave behind so bought it for hundred rupees. 

No comments: