Friday, January 12, 2024

The Sunday Haul (on 07 January, 2024)

  

On most Sundays I get lucky finding good titles in the Sunday book market at Abids. But on some Sundays I get very lucky and finding some wonderful titles there. Last Sunday was one such day when I found a wonderful title though it was at Chikkadpally and not at Abids. 


 

I spotted a copy of ‘Only Man is Vile’ by William McGowan and picked it up to take a closer look. It looked almost new and was a hardcover copy and I had a feeling that I had come across the title somewhere earlier. I couldn’t recollect where I had read about it and so decided to buy it and got it for two hundred rupees. It is about the situation in Sri Lanka written by a journalist.



 

I left Abids soon after finding this title and got into a bus upto Koti and from there I got into another bus and got down at Chikkadpally after some hesitation since I wanted to go home and have lunch as I was feeling quite hungry. However, I decided to check out the two booksellers and got lucky since I spotted a brand-new looking copy of ‘The Border Trilogy’ by Cormac McCarthy. A couple of weeks ago I had found a copy of ‘Suttree’ with the same seller and coincidentally it was at the same place that I found ‘The Border Trilogy’ that I got for just a hundred and fifty rupees. 


 

Hyderabad Book Fair dates

At last someone tweeted the dates of the Hyderabad National Book Fair. It is from 9-19 February, 2024. I am not very glad because I would be travelling from 12th Feb and would be able to go to the Book Fair for only two days!  

No comments: