Monday, September 03, 2007

THE AUGUST HAUL OF BOOKS

BOOKS I GOT IN AUGUST

It usually rains a lot here in August but it was a rain of a different kind for me. It rained books for me last month- twenty-four books got added to the pile of books on my table. In addition to nineteen books I picked up at Abids on Sundays, at a book sale and one at a book reading, I got five books from others. My brother in Delhi sent me two and a friend in Mumbai sent three books.

Of the nineteen books I found last month these are the good ones I am particularly pleased with:

Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg
All Fishermen are Liars by Linda Greenlaw
Ballad of Sad Café and Other Stories by Carson McCullers
Long Quiet Highway; Waking up in America by Natalie Goldberg
The Law at Randado by Elmore Leonard
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami
Dave Barry’s Guide to Guys by Dave Barry
If Morning Ever Comes by Anne Tyler

My brother in Delhi sent me ‘Beware Falling Coconuts’ by Adam Clapham and John Le Carre’s ‘The Mission Song’.

I also picked up half a dozen or more magazines from the pavements of Abids which are not worth mentioning here. It was truly a good month in terms of books for me.

No comments: