Wednesday, September 26, 2007

When I have a Pen in Hand I Stop at Nothing

It is this line by Simone de Beauvoir that I saw in the Mont Blanc catalog, which is buzzing in my mind all the time. I wish I had written that line. It sounds so true and one needs to be a person who loves pens to truly understand Beauvoir’s line.

Apart from this line there are several such lines on writing, pens and ideas by writers and others in the Mont Blanc catalog. These lines are scattered among the glossy pages containing stunning photographs of some of the most beautiful fountain pens I have laid my eyes on.

The other lines in the catalog are:

When I have a Pen in Hand I stop at Nothing - Simone de Beauvoir

Pencil, paper and books are the gunpowder of the mind- Neil Postman

I am a galley slave to pen and ink - Honore de Balzac

One writes to make a home for oneself, on paper, in time and in others’ mind -Alfred Kazin

I must write it all out, at any cost. Writing is thinking. It is more than living for it is being conscious of living- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

We are not only responsible for what we do, but also for what we refrain from doing- Lao Tse

It’s kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney

A line is a dot that went on a walk- Paul Klee

No day without a line - Gaius Punius Secundus

2 comments:

Hasmita said...

Hi, Vinod, I really enjoyed these quotes--very inspiring. Thank you.

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks, Hasmita.

vinod