Thursday, August 07, 2008

In Delhi

Sometimes working for the Government brings its own share of adventures, though very rarely. Though they cannot be called as 'adventures' I believe anything that takes me out of office is an adventure for me. One such adventure is this trip to Delhi I am currently on. Right now, I am in Delhi where I arrived by train yesterday morning. The reason is an official meeting I had to attend. I have actually come here in place of someone who was unable to make the trip and after eliminations I became the natural choice to undertake this trip. I actually welcomed the trip since it would get me out of Hyderabad for a couple of times and also a chance to meet my mother who is staying in Delhi.

There is a lot to write about here- last week's visit to an Irani restaurant in, of all places, Jubilee Hills, the train journey from Hyderabad to Delhi by the AP Express which turned out just the opposite of what I had expected. Then I have to write about a book I had picked up on Saturday last from a second hand bookstore in Nampally. I had thought I'd write all these posts and put them up so they would appear on designated days but due to lack of time I was not able to do it. Add to it was the internet problem at home and in the office.

I will be back from Delhi on Saturday evening and on Sunday I will begin posting about all the things I have listed above. But for now this should suffice. It is cloudy in Delhi and had rained quite heavily while I was indoors attending the meeting at Faridabad. Today and tomorrow I am free, and plan to look for second hand books in Connaught Place where I plan to hang out all day today. More about it in the next posts beginning Sunday.

No comments: