Saturday, August 02, 2008

A Year of Blogging

It feels great to know that my blog is one year old with two hundred and fifty posts on it. I have had a terrific time blogging and to tell the truth, though it was a bit of a chore sometimes, I enjoyed writing about the books I bought, the pens I write with and other things which I consider worth writing on the blog. I have had some truly amazing experiences blogging here and I will write about it shortly on this post.

Completing a year of blogging with two hundred and fifty posts is the second (third, actually) major writing achievement of this year. The first and second of course, are finishing writing my first novel and typing all four hundred pages of it, and the third and no less important, the two hundred fifty posts on the blog during the one year I had it on. That's something to be proud of.

I had first learnt what blogging was more than six years ago and since then I had it in my mind to begin a blog of my own. For some time I convinced myself that I did not know how to start a blog and run it. For some more time I told myself that I had nothing worth blogging about and that no one would read it even if I started it. So in that manner I kept postponing beginning this blog until one day last year I decided to register on Blogger and here I am. I had the same experience trying to start my novel putting off beginning it for a long time until one day I simply put pen to paper and wrote the first paragraph and wrote on for three years till I finished the book in March this year. The point is that beginning anything is always the hardest and the only place many remain struck for a long time or forever, in some cases. Luckily I took the leap and am glad to say I have landed somewhere safely.

There have been many surprises while blogging. I made a lot of friends and remain in touch with many of them. I have actually met a few of them who turneded out to be some of the most wonderful people I’ve ever met. I think a blog is the easiest way of making good friends with similar tastes. My blog was featured in a newspaper, it also won a prize in a local magazine which led to a fantastic experience in form of a lavish dinner at a swank hotel. I had two or three VIP visitors to the blog. I sent some books to people who asked for them. In short, I had a great time last year writing this blog.

When I started I had only a handful of visitors but now, a year later, the daily average is around twenty five which is not such a great figure. But I am happy about it. Some posts have attracted scores of visitors like the one I did the day before yesterday (30th July) on Hyderabad Traffic Blues which attracted 48 hits. The highest number of hits was fifty eight on a single day. I am not aiming for thousands of visitors though I would love to have so many visitors daily. I am blogging just for the fun of it. However it isn’t so easy but I have got used to daily posts which I began after I crossed 150 posts. I took a challenge to do a post every day for hundred days so I could have two hundred and fifty posts by the time the blog was a year old. I am glad I could achieve it.

I thank all the regular readers who visit my blog almost every day and read what I have written, whether it is good or not. If it weren’t for them I would not have lasted this long. So, looking towards another year and another two hundred and fifty or more posts. Thank you.

I will be reverting back to my previous schedule of alternate day posts from today. There will be more pictures, more reviews and some really good stuff, I promise.

2 comments:

Harimohan said...

Congrats Vinod and keep up the good work. Your blog always brings a smile to my face and I am sure, to all else who read it. That's a huge contribution to a world where excessive drama is the order of the day..
Wishing you greater success and hoping that more and more readers have the pleasure of enjoying your blog in years to come..

Vinod Ekbote said...

Hari, Thank you very much. Coming from you it is high praise indeed. Your encouragement means a lot to me. Thanks once again and I promise to get better with every post.