Friday, October 03, 2008

Magical Morning at Necklace Road





Of the several unforgettable scenes I witnessed at the Andamans one I remember very well, and that is because I was not able to photograph it. I had a camera with me but that was one time I wished I had a better camera. I was not able to take a picture of the scene that I did not expect to see again in my lifetime. That was what I thought until I made my monthly trip to Necklace Road early this Sunday morning.

While in the Andamans I had signed up for a tour of Baratang to take a look at the mud volcano and the limestone caves there. The bus was supposed to start at five in the morning. I was waiting for the bus at Teal House in Port Blair. I wandered to the back of Teal House and was rewarded with a scene that was wonderful and majestic. The sun rises quite early in the Andamans and at half past four the day was just beginning to dawn. The sea was glassy smooth and perfectly still. The cloud streaked blue sky reflected in that glassiness so perfect that I stood awed for some time. I didn’t notice the bus drive up. I had no time to take a picture and that remained a regret.

Last Sunday I witnessed a similar scene on the Necklace Road. The waters of Hussain Sagar were so still, calm and like a mirror, reflected the blue sky. This time I had a camera with me and I was able to photograph the scene. I hope I was able to capture some of the magic of that morning.

2 comments:

Vrinda said...

Nice pictures, Vinod! - Vrinda

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks, Vrinda.

I'm inspired to click more often!

Vinod