Friday, October 27, 2023

 The Sunday Haul (on 22.10.2023) 

The regular shops at Abids were just beginning to open when I reached there last Sunday. The festival bustle would begin in a few hours so I got around all the sellers looking for something good to pick up. Though I looked carefully all I could manage to find was a good copy of a book that I already have.

 

Australia is one country that fascinates me and I try to read as many travel titles on Australia as I can find. I have a few such titles on Australia that I have found a long time back. One of them is of course Bill Bryson’s ‘Down Under’ and also ‘West of Centre’ by Ray Ericksen that I loved. Not long ago I had found a copy of ‘The Ribbon and the Ragged Square: An Australian Journey’ by Linda Christmas that I had spotted at a store in Bengaluru sometime in May this year. Another title on Australia that I found sometime in August 2019 was a copy of ‘In the Land of Oz’ by Howard Jacobson that I read right away after finding it and then again recently. 

 


It was a copy of this same title- ‘In the Land of Oz’ by Howard Jacobson that I found last Sunday at Abids. It was a far better copy than the one I had so I couldn’t resist buying it and got it for just eighty rupees.

No comments: