Friday, October 26, 2007

Another Pen Store- Just In Vogue- opens in Hyderabad

It was on television yesterday and in the papers today that a new pen store had opened in Hyderabad. ‘Just In Vogue’, the name of the store, opened at City Centre Mall in Banjara Hills on Wednesday the reports said. The store stocks a wide collection of luxury pens of brands like Waterman, Sheaffer, Parker and Cross, according the report in today’s ‘The Hindu’.

I have been thinking of buying myself a really nice and expensive fountain pen since a long time. I have decided to buy one after completing a major writing project I am working on currently. I might finish it by the end of the year and then buy myself a fountain pen as a reward for completing the project. I do this often to keep myself motivated to write, which other wise is a tough thing to do. One wants to be a writer but without doing much writing.

I haven’t yet decided which pen to buy but I am veering towards a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck, the classic that stops hearts of pen lovers. The other day I saw a hoarding of Mont Blanc pens at Begumpet. Mont Blanc has an exclusive outlet at Hotel Kakatiya Sheraton at Greenlands. I haven’t visited the place yet but soon I will find a reason to check out the pens there before buying one. Most book readings in Hyderabad take place in this hotel so if there is another reading in the Sheraton I might check out the Mont Blanc store this time.

But, in my opinion, the best places to buy good quality fountain pens are the Deccan Pen Stores that have branches at Abids, Secunderabad and at Greenlands. Deccan Pen Stores is the oldest pen store in Hyderabad and they had their store near NTR estate at Abids but now the main store is in Metro Estate also at Abids, near Bata. I buy all my fountain pens there. The staff are incredibly polite and service is fast.

2 comments:

Hasmita said...

Spelling error in the title, Vinod. Have you seen William Penn? It's a store that opened in Bangalore some time back and their focus is pens but they also stock stationery and gift items. They have opened branches in a few malls in B'lore and Mumbai. I don't know if they're in Hyderabad.

They have an online store as well. Good wishes for the completion of your writing venture, and may you receive that special pen as reward!

Hasmita :)

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks Hasmita. The typo is corrected. Thanks for your wishes too.

Vinod