Saturday, October 27, 2007

Pens and More Pens Again


Funny how sometimes things you are interested in keep coming back to you in some form or the other. As an ex-copy writer and also as someone who reads the papers end to end I read even the smallest and most obscure ads. I came across one in yesterday’s 'The Hindu’ and the ad was about distributors in South India for the famed Chinese ‘Hero’ fountain pens. The Hero pens manufactured by Shanghai Hero Gold Pen Factory in China are being imported into India by S.K. Impex, Chennai and Chhajer Sales & Marketing, Chennai are the authorised distributors for the South Indian states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Pondicherry. I had always thought that the ‘Hero’ fountain pens that are available in India were smuggled but now I know.

Then again, there was the news item about the opening of the ‘Just In Vogue’ pen store about which I wrote in yesterday’s post.

In today’s 'The Hindu' there was another news item that Parker’s most famous fountain pen- The Parker Duofold- was available in solid silver and cost a lakh rupees. I really like the classic one and once harbored a dream of owning one but I know it is an impossible dream but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming about it.

Then again I happened to be reading yesterday’s Indian Express today and read that Luxor Writing Instruments have launched a new pen range- Parker Celebration Range- and these are customized it seems.

It seems to be pens and more pens this week

No comments: