Monday, February 25, 2008

Another Sunday Lost

For the second successive week I missed my weekly Sunday book hunt at Abids. Yesterday I was tied up on official work and missed my Sunday hunt for books. Though my office is a stone’s throw away from Abids I was not able to go there. I feel odd on those Sundays I cannot make it to Abids. It has become a habit since nearly two decades. I always make it to Abids on Sundays except when I am sick or when I am traveling. It is such a big part of my Sunday that most of my friends know where I can be found on Sunday mornings.


I thought I would get about an hour’s time in the evening to spend at Abids but it is not enough to cover all the book-sellers. But though I had time in the evening I wasn’t in the mood to go as a crank caller was bothering me to distraction. It is odd how some people take to harassing those they don’t know with blank calls. It was a very unsettling experience. I now feel that I should have gone to Abids anyway and browsed in that limited time I had. I could have worked off the bad temper searching for a good book. It was a wrong decision and now I have to wait until next Sunday.


I plan to make up for the lost Sunday by visiting a couple of second hand bookstores during the week and looking around. There is something in a bookstore that calms my nerves.

No comments: