Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Mont Blanc Experience



Yesterday was the day I was eagerly waiting for since the day I got a Mont Blanc Meisterstuck fountain pen as a gift some time back in November. I was waiting for a significant day to begin writing with it. It was my birthday yesterday so I thought there’d be no better day to take out the Mont Blanc. I lovingly filled ink in it and started writing in my notebook. The pen just flowed smoothly on the paper and I wished I could go on writing until all the pages in the notebook were filled. But I had nothing much to write about so I reluctantly put the pen back. But I carried it around in my shirt pocket all day showing it off to friends and others.



Now that I have finally started using the Mont Blanc I hope to finish the first draft of my book that is struck at a particular scene. I wasn’t feeling motivated enough to finish the draft though I am only about 50 pages away from the ending. I hope to finish the first draft by mid-March. I am already picturing myself sitting hunched over my table scribbling away with the Mont Blanc as the pages pile up on the table.



The pen’s nib is a ‘Medium’ which is a bit too thick for my taste and I am wondering if I should have the nib changed to a ‘Fine’ one. There’s a Mont Blanc store in Hyderabad at the Hotel Grand Kakatiya. I don’t know if they will agree to do it since the pen came with a warranty (?)book which had no dealer’s stamp. I hope they agree to do it since it is an authentic piece. I had been there yesterday to attend a talk with a scriptwriter but it got too late and I had no time to visit the Mont Blanc store. Sometime next week I plan to visit them and ask about it. Until then I will experience the pure pleasure of writing with my Meisterstuck.

6 comments:

Harimohan said...

Happy birthday Vinod bhai. As always I had this feeling that I was forgetting something important...now I know.

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thank you, Hari bhai. Better late than never.
Vinod.

Hasmita said...

Vinod, Have you been to this blog?:
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2008/02/interview_with_the_god_of.html?CMP=OTC-0D6B48984890

I think you'll like it.

Vinod Ekbote said...

Hasmita, Thanks. It was an useful link and I liked what I saw and read there.

Hasmita said...

How is your Meister-whatever Mont Blanc? Did you get the nib changed or are you getting used to the medium one?

Vinod Ekbote said...

Hasmita, I've got used to the medium nib...it writes smooth and soft as butter....it's pronounced 'stook'...learnt this when someone corrected me when I saw saying 'Meeisterstuck'... I guess the correct pronunciation is something like 'Maisterstook'...