Friday, April 11, 2008

Making It To The Front Page, A VIP Visitor and 150 Posts

In The New Indian Express!

This is the 150th post on the blog and I have more than one reason to be happy about it. By a happy coincidence bordering on a miracle, today’s edition of ‘The New Indian Express’ carried an excerpt from a post on this blog on the front page! I was overjoyed when I chanced upon it by accident.

While on way to office I remembered it was Friday today, and of late I have begun to read the ‘Business Line’ on Fridays because of an interesting supplement called “Life”. At the newsstand, the new and attractive design of “The New Indian Express’ caught my eye and I picked up this paper too and came to office.


Until lunch time I had no opportunity to read the papers I had bought in the morning. While having lunch I looked at TNIE and got the shock of my life on finding the excerpt from my blog right on the front page. I almost fell off my chair with a cry. Incidentally, the excerpt was from the post about the dinner I had at Novotel a couple of weeks ago. Right from the day 040 magazine published a post from my blog good things have begun to happen. The post about the dinner too drew a good response. Right now I am floating on Cloud Nine.

A VIP VISITOR TO MY BLOG

Yesterday, the blog had a VIP visitor, an editor of an international publishing house. I was amazed she took time to leave a comment on my post about the coming deluge of three new books by three famous writers. I felt honored and privileged and, not to mention, lucky.


I felt I should begin to pay attention to what I am writing because you never know who reads the blog. I don’t think what I am writing is grammatically or syntactically correct so I plan to be more careful from now on. I'm going to revise and revise until I get it perfectly right.

100 POSTS IN THE NEXT 110 DAYS

I had begun this blog on the 30th of July last year, and the next day I posted my first post. In the eight months that passed I managed to write a hundred and fifty posts. After about a hundred and ten days (less than three months) this blog will turn one. It is long enough for me to do another fifty posts and reach 200 posts if I post at the rate of one post every alternate day. However, that is not what I plan to do. I plan to do hundred more posts by then and have two hundred and fifty posts on my one-year old blog. I don’t think it is impossible but it sure is difficult. I have begun to enjoy blogging so I can do it with a bit of determination.
Wish me luck

4 comments:

Sameer said...

Great going, Vinod. Have one Irani Chai on me.
I'm going to read all your next 100 posts and will keep egging you on to till you reach 250 posts. :)

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thank you very much, Sameer. You will not be disappointed, I promise.

Where shall I have the Irani Chai?

Vinod

Jayasrinivasa Rao said...

Hi Vinod...I was away in Chennai and returned yesterday and read your post, and searched desperately for Sunday's IE...no luck...it must be thrilling, no? and full steam ahead for 250...

Vinod Ekbote said...

Thanks, Jai. It was in Friday's 'The New Indian Express.'

Vinod